Beginning August 24, 2020, AAL began offering expanded curbside pickup hours.
New Curbside Pickup Hours
Monday – Thursday 9:30 am – 7:30 pm
Friday 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
We want to keep patrons and staff safe, so please follow the steps below. Pickup will be arranged by appointment only, following social distancing guidelines. We are looking forward to serving you!
- Starting July 6th, you are able to place the items you want on hold online through the catalog.
- You can also continue to place holds by calling the Circulation Department at (717) 484-4200, completing the online Adult or Youth Book Match form, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your name, phone number, and library card number. 5 items per patron can be held per day.
- If you place your holds online, a librarian will call you to set up an appointment to pick up your items.
- If you call in your order, your appointment will be scheduled at that time. Please note that this service is only available when staff are on duty.
- The library staff will prepare your items and check them out to your library card.
- When you arrive at the library, pull up to the side of the building. Call us again at (484) 755-9143 to let us know you are here. If you do not have a cell phone, please ring the doorbell to let us know you have arrived, and someone will meet you with your items.
- Please stay in your car. Pop your trunk so a staff member can deliver your items.
- If you have any questions, please call the library.
Thank you for choosing AAL!
Need help picking a book? Check out our blog.
Curbside Service Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I pick up holds now?
- Yes, we are currently offering curbside service.
- When can I pick up my holds?
- Curbside service is being offered Monday through Thursday 9:30am-7:30pm, Friday 9:30am-4:30pm, and Saturday 9:30am-1:30pm. Once you confirm your appointment time, visit the library and call the library to let us know you’re here.
- Can I return items when I pick up?
- We are now accepting returns 24 hours a day. Please use the book drop for all returns. The book drop is open 24 hours a day. All items will be quarantined for several days and will still show as checked out on your account for up to a week after you return them. You will not accrue fines while items are quarantined. Do not renew any items you’ve returned to the library, as renewing your returned items may incorrectly place a fine on your account.
- Do I need my library card?
- Yes. Please call the library if you have any questions or issues with your card.
- What if I don’t have a library card?
- Visit lancasterlibraries.org/about/contact to submit an application for a library card.
- Can I talk to a library staff member?
- Please call the library with questions or submit questions to email@example.com.
- Can a librarian help me with OverDrive/computer questions?
- Yes, please call the library for your ereader and technology questions.
- Can I print something?
- Yes. More info here: LAPTOP & PRINTING.
- Can you fax something for me? Can I use the computer?
- Due to the CDC’s recommended social distancing policy, we are unable to provide these services.