Beginning June 15, 2020, AAL is starting curbside pickup. We want to keep patrons and staff safe, so please follow the steps below. Pickup will be arranged by appointment only, following social distancing guidelines. We are looking forward to serving you!
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 12-5
- Starting July 6th, you are able to place the items you want on hold online through the catalog.
- You can also continue to place holds by calling the Circulation Department at (717) 484-4200, completing the online Adult or Youth Book Match form, or emailing email@example.com. Make sure to include your name, phone number, and library card number. 5 items per patron can be held per day.
- If you place your holds online, a librarian will call you to set up an appointment to pick up your items.
- If you call in your order, your appointment will be scheduled at that time. Please note that this service is only available when staff are on duty (M, W, Th, F 11-6, Sa 10-2:30).
- The library staff will prepare your items and check them out to your library card.
- When you arrive at the library, pull up to the side of the building. Call us again at (484) 755-9143 to let us know you are here. If you do not have a cell phone, please ring the doorbell to let us know you have arrived, and someone will meet you with your items.
- Please stay in your car. Pop your trunk so a staff member can deliver your items.
- If you have any questions, please call the library.
Thank you for choosing AAL!
Need help picking a book? Check out our blog.
Curbside Service Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I pick up holds now?
- Yes, we are currently offering curbside service.
- When can I pick up my holds?
- Curbside service is being offered Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 12-5 and Saturday 10:30-2. Once you confirm your appointment time, visit the library and call the library to let us know you’re here.
- Can I return items when I pick up?
- We are now accepting returns 24 hours a day. Please place the items in the book return. Items will be quarantined according to health department guidelines. It may take up to a week for items to be returned from your account. Due dates have been extended to July 16th, so you should not accrue fines because of the quarantine.
- Do I need my library card?
- Yes. Please call the library if you have any questions or issues with your card.
- What if I don’t have a library card?
- Visit lancasterlibraries.org/about/contact to submit an application for a library card.
- Can I talk to a library staff member?
- Please call the library with questions or submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can a librarian help me with OverDrive/computer questions?
- Yes, please call the library for your ereader and technology questions.
- Can I print something?
- Yes. More info here: LAPTOP & PRINTING.
- Can you fax something for me? Can I use the computer?
- Due to the CDC’s recommended social distancing policy, we are unable to provide these services.